How to solve out of memory error article is copied from my other website with some additional information in clossing paragraph. "Out of Memory” massage is very inconvenient problem. The error message “out of memory” often occurs when we open many applications in windows. The problem is often caused by insufficient desktop heap memory. Even your RAM is still enough, the problem “out of memory” still occurs because windows only allocate 3 MB. To increase the desktop heap memory please
1. Click Start, click run, type “regedit” enter
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows
We will see in “windows” contains long string
%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe ObjectDirectory=\Windows SharedSection=1024,3072,512 Windows=On SubSystemType=Windows ServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3 ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2 ProfileControl=Off MaxRequestThreads=16
On 32 bit, recommend to replace with these value
On 64 bit, recommend to replace with these value
We can also change with the greater value but i never try, i only try to change to this value on my XP SP2:
For Windows XP, To check the version whether 32 or 64 bit is:
1. Click Start, click Run, type winmsd.exe, and then enter
2. In system summary, see the processor
* If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with x86, the computer is running a 32-bit version of the Windows operating system.
* If the value that corresponds to Processor starts with ia64 or AMD64, the computer is running a 64-bit version of the Windows operating system.
“Insufficient memory or could not read from specific memory” can be also caused by the VGA card especially when you work with 3D or video application (It often occurs in computer which has onboard VGA Card). The memory in this error message refers to VGA card memory. Windows could not define which memory cause the problem. How to solve this problem? We could check the new driver of our VGA Card in case there is any problem with the driver. If it does not solve the problem, the easy way is replace with better VGA Card.
We could also check whether the current application needs more RAM size. Before installation usualy we have the requirement to run the application properly. Perhaps our RAM is sufficient enough for the current opened application, but we should also check other application which is running together with this current application.